Saturday, July 5, 2014

Weekend Words: Happy Belated 4th America!


The week has just gotten away from me!  It's been my first full week of summer vacation, a holiday, and I've been prepping for summer school.  I'll be back next week with some new posts.  Until then, I hope that you all celebrated a wonderful 4th of July if you are here in the states.

We had terrible rain storms on the 4th due to Hurricane Arthur.  The lightning was amazing.  You could just watch it streak through the sky as it lit up the night.   However, today has been beautiful.  We just got back from watching our local fireworks display on the lakefront.  Always fun except for the 10,000 mosquito bites! I am one itchy lady!  Tomorrow promises to be another sunny day and a day filled with postponed 4th of July celebrations.  I am going to try to not eat my weight in bbq chicken, corn on the cob, smores, and watermelon!

 
This picture is from the Ann Taylor Instagram page.  I just couldn't resist it!  I remember getting those ice pops off the ice cream truck as a kid.  A perfectly cool treat for the 4th of July! Their clothes are pretty darn nice, too! :-)  Happy Belated 4th, America!



No comments:

Post a Comment