Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm Jealous. . .





In my district, teachers aren't allowed in their classrooms until August 22nd.  That's a maybe.  That's an only-if-the-custodians-have-finished-the-floors maybe.  We officially report to school on Thursday, September 1st.  We have workshops and meetings all day Thursday and Friday.  School is closed Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.  Kids start Tuesday, September 6th. 

I NEED TO GET IN MY CLASSROOM! 
My trunk is full of goodies I have accumulated over the summer.  My living room couch is a pile of Staples bags (Staples is my new BFF ya know!) and my head is full of ideas.  I have plans to totally rearrange my room and reorganize all my supplies.

I am jealous of all you teachers that have been able to get in your classrooms and set everything up.  However, as I surf the web, you have given me some great ideas.  Thanks!

I guess I should stop wishing my summer away.  I need to take a moment, head to the beach, and stick my toes in the sand while I still can.  Of course, I will be reading about assessment in the reading workshop while there. 
You can take the teacher out of school, but you can't take the teacher out of the girl!
Or something like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment